Do you want to join a fast-paced startup and work on the bleeding edge of recommendation systems, where your work immediately impacts the user experience for millions of users? We are looking for a Fullstack/Backend Engineer with 3+ years of coding experience.
What you will be building:
Recommendation systems that are guaranteed to always show relevant recommendations for any scenario and that are easy to maintain, deploy and improve.
We need someone who we can count on to:
🙋 Own: Improve our recommendation systems for new and existing customers, improve tooling to deploy, introspect and monitor our recommendation systems to constantly make them better.
💻 Teach: What's possible and what's not possible? Tradeoffs between iteration speed and complexity of architecture. How to build a system that is easy to debug and that fails gracefully if there would be changes in the input data.
🎒 Learn: Our approach to recommendation systems, data engineering best practices, machine learning basics.
🚴 Improve: Robustness, performance, and observability of our system, to delight the end-users of our product.
Desired skills and qualities
- Experience deploying applications using cloud platforms or on your own servers
- Having worked in mature data engineering codebases
- Having worked with data, analytics and/or machine learning
- Proficiency with cloud computing (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Used Docker, Kubernetes, Argo, or similar
We expect you to:
- Be proficient in Python
- Have experience with data wrangling
- Be comfortable with Linux/Unix CLI tools
Within 1 month we expect you to:
Within 3 months we expect you to: