Do you want to join a fast-paced startup and work on the bleeding edge of recommendation systems, where your work immediately impacts the user experience for millions of users? We are looking for a Software engineer who thrives in a fast-moving environment.
What you will be building:
Software development with focus on backend that supports cutting edge backend and ML systems and is stable, easy to maintain and quick to iterate on.
We need someone who we can count on to:
🙋 Own: general backend and Infrastructure for backend services, ML training services and monitoring systems.
💻 Teach: Infrastructure best practices.
🎒 Learn: Our deployment workflows, all cloud and tooling, efficient architecture for realtime inference.
🚴 Improve: Reliability and performance of our current deployment stack.
Desired skills and qualities
- Deployed applications using cloud platforms or your own servers
- Experience working in a mature data engineering codebases
- Proficiency with cloud computing (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Used Docker, Kubernetes, Argo, Terraform or similar
We expect you to:
- Be proficient in Python
- Have a collection of CLI tools and tricks and Linux/Unix know-how that you are comfortable with
- Drive best practice for CI/CD, deployment and zero downtime
Within 1 month we expect you to:
- Understand the ins and outs of how our current recommendation system, data pipelines and recommendation API works
- Get to know the team and learn from and collaborate on directing the product development forward
- Configure, optimize and measure the performance for newly onboarded e-commerce stores
Within 3 months we expect you to:
- Significantly contribute to the stability of our systems, making sure there are no major outages.
- Improve our current infrastructure to better fit our needs.
- Have a proactive view of what systems we should build.
Within 6 months we expect you to:
- Lead focused projects to improve our product further, e.g. relating to model performance, deeper personalization, knowing users across platforms, etc
- Have ownership of one or multiple areas in a rapidly growing company
- Ensure our codebase supports adding new features in a seamless way
Within 12 months we expect you to:
- Architect new product features and lead the implementation
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy of our company and product
- Start exploring ways to increase our product offering outside of just product recommendations